Business models for climate damage registration centers

We have identified the following business models in the context of climate damage compensation:

  1. Donor based NGO: You receive donations that help you to register damages on a non-profit basis and to help the victims to get access to engaged powerful lawyers in those jurisdictions which offer the best chances for success. Lawyers get paid only in case of success. Donor based NGO
  2. Fee based NGO: You help the victims to get access to engaged powerful lawyers in those jurisdictions which offer the best chances for success. You negotiate openly with the victims and with the lawyers that you receive a certain percentage of the achieved compensation. The percentage is calculated so as to cover your costs. Unexpected surpluses are distributed to the victims. Fee based NGO
  3. Broker: You help the victims to get access to engaged powerful lawyers in those jurisdictions which offer the best chances for success. You negotiate openly with the victims and with the lawyers that you receive a certain percentage of the achieved compensation. The percentage is calculated so as to cover your costs and to provide you some profit. No distribution of surpluses to the victims Broker
  4. Broker-buyer: As "Broker", but in addition you buy a part of the damage compensation rights, e.g. 70% remains with the victim, 30% are bought by you at a price of X percent of the nominal value. If you win the lawsuit, you obtain 30% of the compensation plus the agreed percentage for the remaining 70%. Before you calculate the percentages, you must deduct the costs of the lawsuit. broker-buyer
  5. Buyer: You buy the damage compensation rights at a price of X percent of the nominal value. If you win the lawsuit, you obtain the entire compensation, minus the costs of the lawsuit of course. Buyer
  6. Investor: You provide capital to a broker, to a broker-buyer or to a buyer. In return you receive a part of the profit. Investor

For any question you might have, feel free to get in contact with us.